Today I will describe another interesting type of blackjack that is called Blackjack Pontoon. It is rather addictive and fun game. So …
The Essence of Pontoon
Like his brother a traditional blackjack, Pontoon resembles well-known game “Twenty one”: the main aim of the players is to have the card value near, but no more than 21.
Of course, to play lover’s joy the game is more difficult than classical “Twenty one”. One can say for sure, it is not just the game for luck; a strategy here is of great importance.
How To Play Blackjack Pontoon
In blackjack, maximum five players can take part, and a dealer, who dispenses cards.
In other words, six decks of French cards are played against the bank, from which all the tens are put away (total number of cards is 228). If there is a vacant place at the table, first of all, you should to make a basic rate, having chosen a counter in the menu and press the button «BET” on the playing table. By doing that you join the game in the next set.
In this game a bet is always designated – the sum, which is necessary for your start varies between 1 and 100 dollars, depending on the table, which you chose for playing. You can choose a table at the beginning of a game, of course, after each game you have the opportunity to decide, whether to continue the game at another table with another bet or not. However, the basic rate at this table is permanent; you can only double it.
The value of cards with numbers is equal to those, that is written on them. For example, a seven is equal to seven pips. Court-cards, for example a queen or a king are equal to 10, an ace is equal to one or eleven pips.
A player counts pips as far as it advantageously to him, if for example, he takes an ace to 15 pips he will count it as one pip, because if he counts it as 11 pips the sum will be 26, and it exceeds 21, which are necessary for a winning.
If your card value is more than the dealer’s one, but not exceeds 21, your get the double value of your initial stake. The same happens, if you have less than 21, but a dealer has an excess.
If your card value is equal to the dealer’s one (and does not exceeds 21), your get your stake back.
If you have 21 pips, then you played aside from dealer’s cards – videlicet in the following ratio:
- You have 21 from any five cards – the winning is in ratio 3:2
- You have 21 from any six cards – the winning is in ratio 2:1
- You have 21 from any seven cards or more – the winning is in ratio 3:1
- You have 21 from a six, a seven and an eight – the winning is in ratio 3:2
- You have 21 from a six, a seven and an eight of one color – the winning is in ratio 2:1
- You have 21 from a six, a seven and an eight of spades – the winning is in ratio 3:1
- You have 21 from three sevens of the any suit – the winning is in ratio 3:2
- You have 21 from three sevens of the same suit – the winning is in ratio 2:1
- You have 21 from three sevens of the spade – the winning is in ratio 3:2
The Differences Between Blackjack and Pontoon
- Blackjack or player’s 21 pips always strike a dealer
- You can double a stake after not only two initial cards, but also when you want. However, only one time in a game
- Tens are taken away from the playing deck
- You can not only to double a stake, but also to split them after doubling (However, if you do not double it, you are not allowed to split)
- If you have 21, a lot of extra winnings are paid